Friday, August 8, 2008

Soot Update Friday Night

Well, Soot is still fighting. He hasn't made much improvement, but it is possible that the impaction may be breaking up a little bit. His small intestine distension looks like it is gone, and there is not as much reflux off his stomach. So we are going to continue his treatment through another night with the understanding that if he makes a turn for the worse and becomes very painful, we will have to let him go. All we can do is wait and hope that he can pull through.

As long as Soot is fighting, so will we. I know all of us are all behind him and pulling for him. What is saddest for me is that we have only had Soot about two months. He's had a hard life and finally was being given the care and dignity he deserved and now this. If he does pull through, he will enter Shiloh's Sanctuary where he will live out his life with us.

Sunday is really doing well, he was seen bucking and galloping in the corral again. All of his numbers have improved. The vet is now getting a little more aggressive with his ulcerated eye.

I cannot thank everyone who is "holding down the fort" this weekend while Sally and I are out of town. I know it's not easy!

I will give another vet update on Sooty in the morning.

Have a good night everyone!


Sharil said...

I knew you could do it Sooty. We are all waiting for you to come home to Shiloh...A place of Peace :)

Mikey said...

Sending prayers your way Soot.

Andrea said...

in my thoughts too....