Thursday, November 5, 2009

Traveler Enjoys Central Park on 11/5/09

Here I am in Times Square, I love New York!


Maybe someday I will have my name up in lights, just like Coca Cola. Whoever he is...

We went for a walk in Central Park. I stopped for a drink at this fresh water trough. This water trough was presented to the ASPCA by Mrs. Henry Russell in 1908. Did you know the ASPCA was started because in 1866 a passerby intervened with a cart driver who was whipping his horse in New York City? This trough is still used today by the carriage horses who work in Central Park. The girls hate to see these horses working on the hard streets, pulling tourists around...

The leaves on the trees are changing and everything is looking beautiful.

Sally and I stopped for a moment to enjoy the fall leaves. So far, Sally has been very nice to me...

Along the way, I stopped to hear a guy playing music...

This is a real guy, dressed up like a bronze statue. He is celebrating the Yankees World Series win!

As I strolled by, he asked me to join him, so I did!

We stopped to watch the Carousel- I think this horse's bit is too tight! I was worried about him, but the girls reassured me...

Then, I went for a ride!

1 comment:

the 4 D's said...

I like the bronze guy