Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Traveler's Roman Holiday

The Girls whisked me away and took me to The Eternal City.


It's been a long day with a long flight from Los Angeles to Rome. I am jet lagged and need to try to get some sleep so I can go off sightseeing in the morning. As you know, the Girls keep me very busy on our trips.


It's hot here in Rome. We are in a beautiful Hotel at the top of the Spanish Steps and we can look out across the city from our balcony. I am really excited about exploring here!
The view from our room looking toward the Palatine Hill...


So, now it is off to bed, a full day's adventures lay ahead!


Meanwhile, back at Shiloh...


FRED MERTZ UPDATE: Fred is remaining in the vet clinic, although he is passing manure and the oil now, he is still not feeling himself. We had blood drawn today, the vets are concerned about his kidneys and liver. As we said before, at his age, his body is just slowing down. Hopefully, we will get more information when the blood work is back from the lab and we can make an informed decision. I will keep everyone updated.


The rest of the horses are all doing great today, all is well.

No comments: