I know I haven't blogged for a few days- sorry everyone! But, I do have a good excuse. My cat threw up on my laptop's keyboard and now the keyboard won't work! It is beyond just cleaning it I am afraid, the repair guy has to order and install a new one.
But, I should be able to use a borrowed keyboard attached to my laptop for a few days. I have lots of photos to post from the past weekend and I will get those up asap. I am posting this post with my iPhone which is not easy
It looks like eight of the nine new feedlot horses will be arriving at Shiloh late tonight/early tomorrow. This load will include the two moms and babies, two camp type geldings and two ottbs. The ninth gelding will ship in the next load sometime in the next week. We are in the process of rescuing another camp type horse, a palomino mare, two more ottbs and possibly a mare and her newborn foal. I will post more about all the horses as the first load arrives and the second load is organized. The holidays slowed everything down. I will post pics of the new guys tomorrow...
In the meantime, I received the following in my email and wanted to share it. It us so true!
Only horse people...
* Believe in the 11th Commandment: Inside leg to outside rein.
* Know that all topical medications come in either indelible blue, neon yellow or purple.
* Think nothing of eating a sandwich after cleaning out stables.
* Know why a thermometer has a foot of string attached to one end of it.
* Are banned from Laundromats.
* Fail to associate whips, chains and leather with sexual deviancy.
* Can magically lower their voices five octaves to bellow at a pawing horse.
* Have a language all their own ("If he pops his shoulder, I have to close that hand and keep pushing with my seat in case he sucks back".)
* Will end relationships over their hobby.
* Click to their cars to help them up hills.
* Insure their horses for more than their cars.
* Will give you 20 names and reasons for that bump on your horse.
* Know more about their horse's nutrition than their own.
* Have neat's-foot oil stains on the carpet right next to the TV.
* Have a vocabulary that can make a sailor blush.
* Have less wardrobe than their horse.
* Engage in a hobby that is more work than their day job.