Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Traveler in Budpest 4/21/09

I made it to Hunagry and am now enconsed in my hotel in Budapest, the Capital of Hungary. Originally settled by Celts, it was later taken over by the Romans, and then the Magyars.


Did you know that Buda and Pest are two separate areas divided by the Danube River? I am staying on the Buda side...

Budapest!

The famous Chain Bridge over the Danube!

A really neat Eagle statue overlooking the city high on the Buda Cliffs overlooking the river...

Look at the hound dogs on this statue! This is my favorite one...

Another dog...


We wandered along Buda Castle which is the area which has been the seat of goverment for the Hungarian Kings for hundreds of years... There are ancient Medival Fortresses that you can still see to this day. It's so cool!

Look at this old wall! It's so high!
Look at the arches... I wanted to cross this bridge, but Sally wouldn't let me...

Another cool wall...

More of the ancient fortresses.

This building in the Buda Castle Complex still shows bullet holes from WWII when Budapest was occupied by the Nazis.

I met a "Hungarian Horse"- he is part Andalusian and part Hungarian bred (whatever that means)...
Oh, Sally, stop clowning around!

Trying to be me much Sally?


Tomorrow I have a special tour of Parliment. Maybe I can get some bills passed or make a speech or two...

3 comments:

ChicagoGrrrl said...

Thanks so much for this. How fascinating. Please let us know how is the food? Are you eating out or in the Hotel? It looks like a great place.

the 4 D's said...

Beautiful Photos!!! Nice hat, Sally. Looks real good on you!

Elisa said...

where do you even get something like that? That hat? Must be a foreign thing!