Thursday, October 23, 2008

London- The Last Day 10/23/08

Our last day in London was a very busy one! We started off doing some Telly...
Here I am with Daniel Craig (the new James Bond), Grace Jones, and of course, my pal, Tony.

And here we are with Boy George... I sure get around, don't I?

Afterwards, the girls brought me on an outing... As usual, I kept a close eye on Sally for any sign of her shenanigans.


I watched her take a photo of Tower Bridge...

Here she is by a Roman wall built around the ancient city of Londinium. There are a few wall remnants left...
This is all that remains of one of the ancient gates to London. It's amazing!


But, here I am at last, back at The Tower of London. Ready to exact my revenge on Sally...

In order to fit in with the area, the girls bought me this suit of armor.

I visited the White Tower, originally built in 1080 AD by William the Conqueror.

Here is his suit of armor...

This suit belonged to King Henry VIII. Um, looks like this guy had some problemos, if you know what I mean?

Here are some weapons. Look at the second one, it's called the Spanish Morning Star. That would hurt!

These were projectiles used by the Spanish Armada!

Here is the chopping block and axe that was used to behead the Earl of Essex, a favorite of Queen Elizabeth who was found guilty of treason.

Step a little closer, Sally. Would you like to lay your head down for a minute, you look tired...

This chapel in the White Tower dates from 1120 and is called St. John's Chapel.

A change of outfit and I am back outside helping the guards...

But then Sally bought me this outfit, I was a little concerned but I didn't want to make her mad...

Here is the spot where Ann Boleyn was beheaded...

On to the Bloody Tower, where Sir Walter Raleigh was held for 13 years. He made his cell more comfortable for himself and his family who stayed in the Tower with him.

While imprisoned, he wrote The History of the World. Here is a one of the first copies ever printed.
We checked out the exhibit about the two young princes who it is believed were murdered in the Bloody Tower by Richard III in 1483. They stood between him and the English throne, so they "disappeared" and were never seen again. In 1674, the skeletal remains of two young boys were found buried under a staircase in the White Tower. It is believed that they are the remains of the young prices. A very sad story which gave the Tower it's name.

But, the really scary part was the Torture Chamber!

This is the Scavenger's Daughter, a device that was clamped on a kneeling prisioner causing immense pain and suffering. Now, where did Sally get to?

Ah ha! The Rack! Sally is short, so this might actually help her...

Prisoners were hung by their wrists with these Manacles... Oh Sally, come here my dear!

Step right this way, dear Sally, I have something fun to show you...






4 comments:

ChicagoGrrrl said...

you guys crap me up. so fun, and such clever writing. i hope you are having some good meals and some nice tea

ChicagoGrrrl said...

oh, no!! I meant say "crack me up"

Beanie Mouse said...

Too much sh*t shovelling back at the ranch, I'd say.....!!!!!

Katherine said...

Great post...esp. the Daniel Craig part...yum. lol