Thursday, June 17, 2010

Traveler in the Sonoran Desert

I headed out to Arizona with the girls for a few days, the Sonoran Desert is just beautiful! The wet weather we have seen lately has caused many flowers to bloom and has cast a pretty green hue to the desert...


This is a Saguaro Cactus, it's blossom is the state flower of Arizona. It is illegal to harm a Saguaro in the state of AZ, I just admired it from afar. They were blooming which made them look like they have hair on the tops of their heads!


This Cholla cactus is blooming too...


I think this is a barrel cactus- look at this pretty yellow flower!


I saw this red Cardinal bird when I ate my breakfast. I gave him a piece of toast...

- Posted from the road on my iPhone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh nice, a new Traveler Adventure. I am a little fan of Traveler's ...ehrm... travels.

Funny, yesterday I was with my mum at the botanical garden. And we also saw the cactuses blooming in the glasshouse. But the glasshouse was closed for visitiors, because it was ruinous. Okay, we watched from outside.

Oh, and the cardinal bird is so extremly beautiful. I really would like to see one in nature.