Friday, May 22, 2009

Traveler in London 5/21/09

Here I am in Jolly Old London Town again. I love it here!

The Girls brought me to Old Hallows Church this morning. This is the site of the oldest Church in London. There was a Saxon Church here as early as 675 A.D.! That is old! It was also built on the site of a Roman building and is also known as All Hallows Barking...

I went inside and looked around...

I stopped for a minute to listen to the organ being played...

Then it was down into the Crypt to see the older ruins underneath the present church. You know me, always looking for something weird to look at!

This is part of a Roman tiled floor which dates from the 2nd Century! Wow!

It's still in pretty good shape, amazing! It is thought that this was the floor of a home...

Here is a model of Roman Londinium, as London was known in those days...

Here is a Roman roofing tile with a dog print in it! A Roman dog must have wandered across the tile when it was still wet. The Girls told me that the Ranch dogs did the very same thing last week when the wash rack cement was being poured. I guess dogs haven't changed very much...

It's kind of creepy down here...
A Saxon Cross which was uncovered at the site...

After All Hallows, the Girls brought me back to The Tower of London, my favorite place to visit in all of London! Here is the White Tower built in 1078 by William the Conqueror.

As always, Sally and I fooled around...


The Girls have planned a busy trip for me over the next 10 days. First London, then Wales, Belfast and back to London. They sure keep me busy, but I like it!



No comments: