Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Adventures and a Haircut

Another busy day, lots to do but no emergencies. That is a good day in rescue!

I decided today was a good day to body clip Jedermann. I am taking him down to my sister's in San Diego in a few weeks for lessons and training (actually a kind of "boot camp" to get myself going). Now he will be nice and clean and not get so hot with his heavy winter coat as we work together. He was a very good boy (as usual) and stood patiently while I clipped him...

Of course, since it is Shiloh, there is always some action going on just off camera. Here are Mojo and Charlie trying to eat my clipper cords, etc. Mojo stood right next to Jeder the entire time and chewed on his legs, turned over my bucket of blade wash, got covered in white hair and generally just got in the way...

But, the end result was worth it and later Jeder enjoyed some time rolling in the turn out to remove the itchy hair. My goal is for our first show to be in March, so we have a lot of work to do, but I am really looking forward to it...

I even carved Tony's initials on Jeder's hindquarters, so Tony will be along for the ride!

Here is a cute shot of Inca exiting this morning's Breakfast Club...

Okay Corral. The glare is from my cracked lens (as usual, I have wreaked another Flip camera)...
More Okay Corral. There is still mud everywhere but it's drying up...

Godspeed eating Breakfast...

Waco...
We let the new mini burros, Tortilla and Taquito out to wander. They had a great time and explored all over the rescue!

Here they watch Sally and the dogs walk by...

Sally and Sabine cleaned up Toluca's shoulder wound on City Center...

And we had to treat Sheriff the Mule for a choke. It cleared up just fine in a few hours and he was back to his wandering ways...

Aztec and Lindsey Loham check each other out...

2 comments:

Terry said...

Clipping in Tony's initials - what a great idea!

sweetlillena said...

OMG what a great post to read to end my evening. Thanks.