Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weds at the Rescue...

A hot and muggy day (well, at least muggy for Vegas!)...

Moose the Mule is now out wandering and has teamed up with Ethel, another wandering Mule. They enjoy their days exploring the rescue and standing in the barn aisle...

This is Icey Litla in Mesquite Manor. She is in with the three other older Iceys...

Elisa and Kenzo do some work...

A view from by the Saloon area. That's the Hospice on the left and the arenas on the right...

The Three Amigos- Latigo, Charlie and Cortez...

Here is Intrepid enjoying some feed. He has returned from his foster home and he looks great! But, he is quite dirty from rolling in the puffy dirt (a type of ground we have in the desert)!

The Hospice. It's not really a "Hospice" area- these horses are not sick, in fact most are being worked daily for adoption to new homes. The name just stuck...

Daisy and Yeager- a meeting of sizes...
In Little Vacation Village, little Paso Fino, Rubix gives me a wary eye...
Then he is off- "no way- no wormer for me!"

In the Hospice, Slider's cute face. He is still gaining weight and is starting to feel good. Once he is back to health, he will begin his work...

Slider and Peace Pipe in the Hospice...

8 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

Just heard. I'm so sorry.

Cygnata said...

Me, too! *HUGTIGHT*

-Cyg

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies to you and the rest of Tony's family and his Shiloh family!

Marcia in Colorado

Alison said...

Just heard the news, Jill. So, so, so sorry. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you & your family.. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Tony.

Jamie

Nick said...

So Sorry. So glad we got to meet Tony and Jill at Shiloh a while back. I actually wrote about it on my blog just a couple of months ago. Lovely man & fabulous actor.

http://getnickt.blogspot.com/2010/07/tony-curtis-meeting-in-desert.html

Kay said...

Please accept my condolences in the loss of Tony. My prayers are going out to you and entire family.

Anonymous said...

Heard the news, much love and hugs from my end of the world. There are no words.
Maggie in Australia