Thursday, March 27, 2008

Horses in danger in Pahrump, NV!

Shiloh was contacted by a Clark County Animal Control Officer today- Three horses in Pahrump, NV (Nye County) are going to be auctioned off this coming Saturday, March 29, at 12:00 noon. These were horses who were confiscated from their owners in Nye County. They are at risk for being bought by a dealer type person and sent to slaughter.

The horses are housed at the shelter at 171 N Kitty Hawk right behind the Police department. But the auction will be at the Nye County Auction 800 Margaret St in Pahrump, the contact # for more info is 775/751-7020. It is also advertised in the classified section of the Pahrump Valley Times for horses for sale.

Jill and Sally will be in CA at a horse show, so we cannot attend to help these horses- as much as we want to! Anyone who can help these horses, please do so!

Anyone who attends the auction, please feel free to call Jill and Sally at 702-480-8906. If there is anything Shiloh can do from CA, we will do it!

3 comments:

KellyByrd said...

So sorry to hear about Gato- I made sure to give her extra carrots last time, as I knew from the notes about her that her time had to be soon. I agree about her head and neck- she was very regal looking. In reference to the Pahrump horses being auctioned, I'll be at San Martin campus of St. Rose Hospital emceeing (sp?) an all day event there until at least 3:30-4pm, but can help any time after that. Do we have to be present to bid? I could go straight to the auction after the event...

Mikey said...

Dang it all, I would have gone if I could get everything together, but I can't see a way to do that. Bout a 5 hr drive for me and I have to shoe in the morning.

If you ever need help in the future, just post and we'll do what we can. I'm always willing to buy and haul horses, but at 13 here, I can't take any home... but will always do what little I can...

Does Pahrump have a regular auction? Or is this a special one for seized horses?

Amber said...

On the Pahrump news the animal control officer said that if the horses were not "sold" then they would be put down. I hope she gets alot of slack for saying that, because their are so many horse rescues, the horses don't need to be put down. There are rescues better then others, Shiloh for example, but anyone can help these poor animals. The older horses are lame and were abandoned by their owner. It's a shame that animal control wants to auction them off, instead of trying to find good homes. I understand that animal control is busy but there are three horse rescues that I know off here in Pahrump that would love to help out. What a shame.